01 Oct Summer ideas with your children
By Marie Marchand
Did the summer pass too quickly? It’s not finished yet!
Here are some ideas that you can do with your children to create happy memories…
Find one fun activity to do daily with your children. Connect with them. Play together, take photos. Here are some ideas:
• Pick wild flowers and put them on your dinner table.
• Run through the sprinkler with your kids.
• Take a blanket outside and look at the stars with the whole family.
• Have a water balloon or hose fight.
• Paddle a kayak or a canoe.
• Go for a walk in the rain together.
• Build a fairy house.
• Make muffins.
• Make popcorn and have movie night.
• Build a fort or a Lego castle.
• Pick shells or rocks. Wash them and display them in a bowl.
• Fly a kite.
• Visit a local market.
• Wash the car with your kids. Put lots of soap. Make bubbles.
• Make milkshakes or smoothies.
• Make playdough creations.
• Get loads of blankets and pegs and make a house in the living room. Get some books and flashlights and enjoy cuddling!
• Find worms and go fishing.
• Have a picnic.
• Go hiking.
• Roast marshmallows.
• Make a camp fire and sing songs, snuggle on a blanket.
• Play charades.
• Get up early for a sunrise.
• Stock it with flashlights and lots of fun items to decorate it.
• Print summer photos and frame them. Put them up in their rooms.
• Dance to your favourite music. Have friends over for game night.
• Take care of a friend’s pet for the day.
• Grow vegetables.
• Make fresh lemonade.